Another PICO 1760-L12DWD QUESTION

plongson

Can this controller output a closed switch with NO voltage?

The autostart on this Kubota genset only requires a jumper (switch) between two points on a terminal block.

Presenty we're going to feed a 12vdc cube relay and use the contacts to make the circuit.

Last edited:
Plongson,

Most PLCs only have Normally Open outputs. You can use ladder logic to define an output that is held closed all the time except when a switch opens.

Some of the old Modicons had both NO and NC outputs. There may be a few others that have those, but most do not.

Your unit has relay outputs so you can switch a circuit with "NO" voltage without any problem...assuming you are using one of the outputs on the base unit to do it

Looking at the options, the relays available are either timing or counting...and nothing that appears to be just a "standard" switching type relay. Am I missing something...It would be great if we could just send the output to the autostart terminal and not through a cube.

Wadd'a ya think??

The 1760-L12DWD Specifications say that you have 4 relay outputs, each relay contact rated for making and breaking capacity of 3 Amps at 250 volts AC. I don't see any reason not to use these for switching up to 3 Amps AC or 1 Amp DC voltage.

I think you must be misinterpreting part of the manual.

Last edited:
LADDERPICO.JPG

here is how to put a basic coil unit into a ladder on picosoft

let me know if this is not what you are looking for

cheers

myles

Thanks for your help here...I just downloaded the software from A/B last week and I'm still green...

That is what I have been using (Q01 etc.) but won't that give me a 12vdc output from the unit?

I'm basically looking for a "Dry Switch" output.

I was just shipped the unit today so I going to get my feet wet!

The outputs on DWD are dry switches or dry contacts or relays...

Each output has two terminals, so just hook your two wires in between them for your "dry switch" output

If you needed a 12VDC output, you would have to feed 12VDC to one of the output terminals and your load to the other

So the model of PICO you have chosen can do most any output configuration you need. It should work very well for you