RSLogix 500 CPT Instruction

kupeyy

I am trying to interpret a compute function in RSLogix 500. This seems like a stupid question but it has me stumped. Maybe someone can help.

The format of the expression is: (A * B) | 100

A and B are tags. My question is what does the " | " stand for? I don't think it is divide and I don't see how it could be an OR, a NOT, or anything to do with Absolute value like I seen in other places.

Can anyone give me an idea of how this would evaluate? I would greatly appreciate any help I can get.

Thank you

Divide

dividesymbol.jpg

Last edited:
It is the symbol they used for divide. In the AB PLCs the '\' symbol was used extensively in creating addresses. The opportunity for extreme confusion if this was also used for divide was avoided of course at the price of creating yet another confusion.

Yes, Now I see. I new it was a stupid overlook on my part. I misunderstood the (DIV) was explaining the symbol not a seperate function.

I also did some looking at the code surrounding this and realized that they were trying to do and then it made sense that it had to be divide.

I appreciate the help!