Alarm logging problem in wincc flex

userxyz

I need to log alarms.

This works, but, I have a lot of unuseful information in CSV format...

Why can't we see C and D status in these logs

When opened in Excell, third column called: StateAfter. Numerical represantation of C and D.

Open Help in WinCCFlex, then in search type: Structure of a *.csv file with alarms.

It'll give you a detailed explanation of the contents of the *.csv file.

Jeebs said:
When opened in Excell, third column called: StateAfter. Numerical represantation of C and D.

Open Help in WinCCFlex, then in search type: Structure of a *.csv file with alarms.

It'll give you a detailed explanation of the contents of the *.csv file.

alarmss.jpg

What I don't understad is, the same alarm comes more then once in the CSV, if u take a close look, you can see that the same alarm is logged allmost every second ?? The alarm is not triggered every second !!!

?

According to the screeny, alarm nr 62 is being set/reset every 1-2 sec. The StateAfter value constantly changes from 1 to 0 to 1. So somehow somewhere, the corresponding bit is being set/reset.

Alarm Trigger

Jeebs said:
According to the screeny, alarm nr 62 is being set/reset every 1-2 sec. The StateAfter value constantly changes from 1 to 0 to 1. So somehow somewhere, the corresponding bit is being set/reset.

So this means that the message is retriggered allmost every second..., kinda weird...,

I inserted an MMC for logging on an other machine. There I made an ALARM LOG of 500000 records instead of 500 and a DATA LOG with the same range. What I have in mind is that logging is triggered when there is a rising edge of an alarm message. The DATA LOG is done by checking on a changed value of the Tag that I'm logging.

Thanks for the reply Jeebs, your a true help. I saw you on other posts as well, where do you work in Belgium ?

Kinds Regards,

Gerry

Combo said:
So this means that the message is retriggered allmost every second..., kinda weird...,

Find the corresponding bit in plc, then use it to increment a counter, then check it out in a VAT (assuming you're using S7 still). Possible it's being toggled way faster then once per second. (remember having same problem)

Combo said:
I inserted an MMC for logging on an other machine. There I made an ALARM LOG of 500000 records instead of 500 and a DATA LOG with the same range. What I have in mind is that logging is triggered when there is a rising edge of an alarm message. The DATA LOG is done by checking on a changed value of the Tag that I'm logging.

Actually :D the alarm logs log every change in alarm state. Coming, going, acknowledge, .... by default. Haven't found a way yet to change this.

Data logs can be changed. Cyclic, on change or on demand.
(Tags > Properties > Logging)

Combo said:
Thanks for the reply Jeebs, your a true help. I saw you on other posts as well, where do you work in Belgium ?

Hmmm, seems I'm spending too much time on here....:D
I work in a lovely dairy factory in Rotselaar.

Greets
Jeebs

something weird

The Alarm can be retriggered a lot of times, I'll check it out soon..

There is still bothering us something...

On the Alarm Screen we get useful information, but the data logged on the CSV doesn't match what we see on the panel ?

The Last 500 messages on the CSV are not the same as what we see on the panel ??

This is the configuration:

Dsqsd.jpg

CF card

When we take out the CF card, no more messages can be seen o the panel, when re-inserted we can see them, so the data must be on the CF card for sure ?

It's kinda weird that the data doesn't match what we see on panel and CF. I'll check this out later today. Logically the data on CSV must Match what we see on the panel, Right ?

Data Logging

I overlooked the CSV file, it became clear to me.

The last alarm can be seen at the botom of the excell sheet. On the panel, the last alarm is viewed at the upper level. Stupid of me, but I'm pretty sure that's the reason of wrong interpretation.

Important to know was the C and D states and that the alarm was re-triggered,

Thanks Jeebs

Combo said:
When we take out the CF card, no more messages can be seen o the panel, when re-inserted we can see them, so the data must be on the CF card for sure ?

It's kinda weird that the data doesn't match what we see on panel and CF. I'll check this out later today. Logically the data on CSV must Match what we see on the panel, Right ?

Hi,

The location of storage is selected in the Alarm logging settings. I believe only CF-card or ethernet are possible atm.

Good to see that the logging is correct. :D

Now if you'd like the panel to show em in the same order as in the *.csv-file then you can:
In your alarm window > Properties > Columns > Sort > Oldest alarm first.

If the C and D states are important for the operator, then you might want to consider adding colors to the alarms.
We use:
Red > Alarm coming
Orange/yellow > Alarm acknowledged but still there
Green > Alarm gone

Greets