Indirect addressing stl

robjongen

Hello,

Can someone help me with this one?

I have an array db1.step.step[1..32]
I am making a function in STL that give me the first bit that is 1

One I have never worked with STL so it's kind'a difficult.

I now i have to work with indirect addressing but i have no idea on how to start.

Beacause it is a function the DB hase to be selecteble. DB1 DB2 etc

I found this already in the forum

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=7641&highlight=indirect+addressing+stl

Thanks

Rob

You could use absolut adressing as in parameter
Example: P#DB2.DBX0.0 BYTE 2
Now we are only checking the first 2 bytes. If you use this function in many places or have a lot of bytes that you loop through its better to use FC45 or FC102 as they are much faster

Last edited:
You can specify the array name within the UDT, e.g.

Code:
	  CALL  FC	99
	   iArray :="Bits".ArrayOfUDT[1].ArrayOfBools
	   RET_VAL:=MW10

Bratt said:
You could use absolut adressing as in parameter
Example: P#DB2.DBX0.0 BYTE 2
Now we are only checking the first 2 bytes. If you use this function in many places or have a lot of bytes that you loop through its better to use FC45 or FC102 as they are much faster

Thanks Guys!

That worked

Rob

L D[AR2 said:
Of course it worked, but is it what you want ?

I agree with out i never use absolut adressing anymore and its much better to use symbolic adressing. It was just the fastest and easiest way i could think about without rewriting anything.