[S7] String data type as in/out parameter

falc

Hi

is it possible to use strings as in/out parameters for an FC block in S7. i am trying to make an FC that searches for a specific code in a stringm and gives back a value that belongs to that code.

but i cant use the variables in the standard FC blocks that are available for strings ( like find, mid, insert, ...)

falc said:
Hi i am trying to make an FC that searches for a specific code in a stringm and gives back a value that belongs to that code.

but i cant use the variables in the standard FC blocks that are available for strings ( like find, mid, insert, ...)

Can you write the pseudo-code for the specific processing you require.

Similar Topics

I am needing to transfer some prod_cons tags where the data type is a string[10]. Can you move a String data type? Thanks in advance RM
Replies
Views
Hello guys, i want to use string data type in plc m221 by Schneider electric. to transmit data from software scada expert vijeo citect to plc...
Replies
Views
Good Morning , I'm trying to move a total for a dose into a dose history. I'm able to get my totals to move just fine. I would also like to...
Replies
Views
I am using a IO_LINK CALL FB for reading data from sensor and when I record the Vendor ID or Name in String datatype I get the first two...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I need help creating a string. The PLC is an A/B L-55 logix controller. The controller receives data from a Sick bar code reader in...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom