Organisation a team to make a project.

taxuannam

Hello Friends.

I don't know much more about PLC s7-300 Siemen. Could you give me some advices please ?

My group consists of 5 people. We are going to create a project using PLC s7-300 Siemen.

We have 1 PLC S7-300 Siemen, some PCs used for programme PLC.

My question is how to organise the group consist of many people to make 1 PLC's program at the same time.

If one people makes program with one PLC, then anothers are free. It doesn't save time.

Thanks.

Just because your group consists of 5 people doesn't mean you have to use them all - for example if your group consisted of 50 people, would you try and use them all ?

Can you give more details about the project.

Thanks

Your ideal is very nice.

1 PLC guy (lady)
1 HMI
1 CAD making drawings
2 Electricians[/QUOTE]

Because I'm getting respose of PLC program so I want to slit PLC program of S7-300 into parts and diliver it to 5 people.

After they finish their part, I will merge the parts to one. Then download to PLC and test it.

Could anyone give me the solution, please ?

Thanks again.

This may make sense for a really large project, like, for example, mmm... baggage handling system in a big airport terminal (sorry, couldn't help it :) )

For a regular-size project this may not necessarily be an effective approach: just discussing and agreeing upon connections and interface between the different parts of the program written by different people may take a lot of time and effort. It may be easy to give it all to one person so everything is in his head.

Cad drawings ... well if its a scatch piece of paper, napkin, or conception in someones head you got to start some where. If the project is not to HUGH, I will lay out all of the I/O, write a control narrative, put together cable schedules,get part specs and do the PLC and HMI myself. I will then assign someone the CAD work. The Electricans can start and the project can roll. If qestions, changes arise me and the electrical foreman take care of them.

Then we move to start-up/commissioning and go from there. In the end we do as builts with the CAD guy. Thats kinda how I roll.

taxuannam said:
Because I'm getting respose of PLC program so I want to slit PLC program of S7-300 into parts and diliver it to 5 people.

After they finish their part, I will merge the parts to one. Then download to PLC and test it.

Thanks again.

I can tell you from experience that this makes for a very ugly end-product. Each of your 5 will have different coding styles, different documentation styles, etc. Data organization will have to be parsed out to the individual 5 which may not make sense in the end as Data should be segregated by function, not by the people coding. The same with individual ladder routines.

To have any chance at success you'll have to spend time upfront developing a spec that all must agree to adhere to. This specification has to identify methods of coding, methods of documentation, memory organization, program flow, etc. By the time you go through all that, you could have assigned the PLC programming to one person and probably end up with a better end product.

No, No, No!!!!!

taxuannam said:
Thanks

Your ideal is very nice.

1 PLC guy (lady)
1 HMI
1 CAD making drawings
2 Electricians

Thanks again.[/QUOTE]
This will be a disaster. The programmer will not have any functional specifications for what they do. Every program will do his own thing and then you will be left with chaos.

You or the team need to design the modules and the interfaces FIRST and then divide the modules up between the programmers. The modules can then be test do make sure they return the correct results give inputs. Then the test modules should go together easily and you don't end up putting a bunch of code together and testing the WHOLE thing at once without any idea of where the problem can be.