New to PLCs. Siemens s7-200, problems with input

ashleigh

Hi, im having a problem trying to get the inputs working on my plc. Ive tried different combinations, including attaching a wire from L+ on the bottom panel to i0.0 but the i0.0 light does not light up. Any help?

ashleigh said:
Hi, im having a problem trying to get the inputs working on my plc. Ive tried different combinations, including attaching a wire from L+ on the bottom panel to i0.0 but the i0.0 light does not light up. Any help?

What's the model # of the Input module?

Great :D Thanks, got it working. I was getting confused with the M and 1M and the purpose of them (didnt know they had to be used together). I had been looking through the S7-200 manual for hours including the wiring diagrams so cheers :)

ashleigh said:
Great :D Thanks, got it working. I was getting confused with the M and 1M and the purpose of them (didnt know they had to be used together). I had been looking through the S7-200 manual for hours including the wiring diagrams so cheers :)

Good to hear. If you use inputs 4 to 7, you'll also need 2M connected.

I was getting confused with the M and 1M and the purpose of them (didnt know they had to be used together).

Just to clarify. Whatever +24V you use on your inputs, you need to connect it's respective 0V to 1M (0-3) and 2M (4-7). The L+ & M are simply an onboard 24V PSU used typically for powering input sensors/switches (haven't checked the manual, but they are usually only rated at approx 200mA). So if you used an external psu, you would have to connect the +24v as a common to your input devices and the 0V to 1M/2M.

Hope this helps.