PV 550 NO Communication

amattix

This is my first post on PLCS. I've looked around the site, but I have not seen this exact problem. I have a PV 550 that has been operating in this machine with a Slick 500 for many years. All of the sudden I got a ERROR 60 (in several languages as seen several places on this site), but now I have lost all communication with the PV 550. My fault light is blinking (application error), but I have been unable to reload the application with the 1747-PIC, through the RS-232 on the controller, or with the compact flash in the PC card adapter even though I have never had trouble doing so in the past. Any thoughts?

can you atleast see it in RSLINX. If you cant see it in Linx and you have the correct driver set for it then the comm card died and you now have a brick that you can exchange with your distributer for an unbricked one.

If you can see it in Linx then I'm not sure how to help you other then download is the selection you want to transfer the program from your PC to the Panelview.

Nope, it won't even show up in RS. I've got another one coming first thing in the morning. Could the comm board failing have caused my original ERROR 60?

Yes I've seen it where it will just take a dump on the communication side and give you a link not found error or something along those lines and the only way is to swap it out.

You might want to have someone check with your distributer and see if they have an exchange program. Where you send in your bricked PV and get a referbished one at 1/2 the cost. Not sure if it was a special thing from ours or if its quite common but it saves you money in the long run. But is just a stricly replacement only service.