IFix

I messed with iFix a little last year--just enough to know I didn't like it, incidentally--but iThink iRemember there being a "tag database," or similarly named, link on the left side of the screen (or wherever your directory-like structure list is). Is something preventing you from accessing it?

Or do you not have iFix...

If the iFix application is running with a Development license, one can open the tag database and export it to a CSV file. A tag query with a "*" wildcard should be done so that all tags are exported. You can then open up the CSV in Excel and view the tag data.

I am assuming that the iFix application is currently running on a customer site...

Last edited:
Depending what version of app you have you can just use the software as a demo and open up your app.
Call your local GE rep and I'm sure theyll have a CD laying around.

The demo version will run for 2 hours then shut down if it does not have the key but otherwise it is fully functioning.

Regardless if you still want someone to have a peek PM me and I can open it up.

SLC_Integrator said:
Depending what version of app you have you can just use the software as a demo and open up your app.
Call your local GE rep and I'm sure theyll have a CD laying around.

The demo version will run for 2 hours then shut down if it does not have the key but otherwise it is fully functioning.

Regardless if you still want someone to have a peek PM me and I can open it up.

If he does't have the correct I/O driver installed, the addresses won't show up when he opens the database...

All versions of Fix32 and iFix will run 2 hours in a Demo mode when a hardware key is not installed. There is no special 'demo' version. The only thing disabled is iFix <-> iFix network communications.

Many versions of iFix need to have the pc re-booted after the Run Time only hardware key is removed as they only read the key properties upon starting the first time.

You can get a CD for you to install at: http://www.gefanuc.com/forms/automation/en/101reasons.html

I have an application iFIX2.1 with some problems such as:
· A missing driver «OPC drivers (Support COM / DCOM) version7.11» who with him communication between PC and possible SCADAPack. The driver is stocked in a diskette under the name «OPC drivers (Support COM / DCOM) version7.11» OPC 1/03/1999
· In more there is an error who I did not know its source with this error I have no access in intellution Dynamics workspace to configure I / O DRIVERS and pictures
“Error number: -2147211513(80042707)
Your hardware key allows runtime use only. Workspace will start in run mode.”

Possible of recovered this driver? Otherwise is there an available driver which can replace «OPC drivers (Support COM / DCOM) version7.11»?
It is possible to be able to solve “Error number: -2147211513(80042707)
Your hardware key allows runtime use only. Workspace will start in run mode.”

Thank you in May my system it works it not display no stocks he shows (****) in more there is not communication between SCADAPack and PC both red lamp OF SCADAPACK CTS and RTS are lighted
All his owed or lack of OPC to drive v7.11?
You can point solution out for cure my system in motion

I did not understand C:\Dynamics\FIX.EXE /t you can me explained

FIX.EXE is the iFix executable which is normally located at C:\Dynamics. If you call the exe with option /t it starts always in demo mode and you are able to switch to design-mode (with Ctrl+W when you are in the runtime) without reboot or changing the dongle for max 2 hours.