SLC 5/03 problem

ewhite11

Hi everyone,

I have a SLC5/03 cpu and have just had a power surge that blew my PSU, have managed to get a new one and installed it but now i have a fault light on my CPU, do i need to re down load the program or is there something else i need to press.

Thanks in adavance.

I would first try to connect. Open RSLinx and see if you can connect and upload from the SLC to a new file , call it dummy or whatever. Then go online to check what is in the SLC and what the fault code is. If you are satified that the power failure just cleared the program then yes just reload your working code. ( hopefully you have a good backup).

power fault can create a fault code in the S:20 register go online look under processor status it should show an error flag and try clear major errors

The other option is to flip from program to run mode to reset the fault if its a time critical thing and if it starts up then it was related to the power fault if it didnt go back to run then I'd say considering the circumstances the memory was lost on the controller and will need to be redownloaded in order to start working again.

Just a quick thing that sometimes helps when you've forgotten the laptop clear at the other end of the plant that I've learned.

magicsmoke said:
Once I forgot to change the jumper in the PSU from 220 to 110 and had the fault light on the CPU stay on.

Ive had it where a maint person replaced the PS and had issues with it. I get there and dont see the nice Red light on it and spent 15 mins troubleshooting it then replaced it and got it to work only to take the one that they replaced back to the lab to see if I can see what went wrong when I noticed the jumper issue. Needless to say that is one of the first things I check when a PS issue is brought up.