Pointers on GX Developer

XIO

Can someone explain me how to use the pointer feature on GX developer. I believe to be following the instructions on a manual I have but when I try to convert the ladder it will not convert the pointer.

When you say pointer do you mean indirect address of a variable or a pointer to a subroutine.

To use a pointer to a variable X,Y,M,D then use the following

mov k 10 Z 'Move the index to the index register.

Mov D0 D0Z ' mov the contents of D0 to D10.

if you do Mov D0 D10Z then it will move the contents of D0 to D10+10 (D20).

If you mean a pointer to a subroutine or jump then

Call P1 ' call subroutine P1

Rest of main program

'''''

FEND

P0 (note this is the text in the left hand side of the + rail.

.... 'This is the function routine

SRET Return from sub

END End of program