Recipe - storing and retrieving

bwest63

B
I am using a Panelview 300 and a Micrologix 1200 plc and need to have a sub-program that stores and retrieves up 25 recipes, each recipe will have up 15 files of data. I need to use a 4 digit product code on the panel view to store and retrieve the data, Any help or programing examples would be greatly appricated.

Thanks
Brad

When you say each recipe will have 15 files of data, do you mean 15 products in a recipe and why do you need a 4 digit number if there are only 25 recipes. Is this a homework assignment??? Regards Alan

No, its a project I have been giving at work, the product codes represent differnt molds we use and the 15 files of data are for the setpoints for that mold.

Brad

I am not quite sure what do you mean by file so
can you please explress the file or record size in
16-bit words?
If we think about same thing then the data file
would be for example N:7 or F:8 which would already
present potential problem since 25recipe*15files=375files
which is ca. 50% more than you can create in RSLogix.

In case you think of of one recipe as memory block
long 15 words things look much better. You can have
up to 17 blocks (255words/15=17blocks) per file so
just two files would easily handle the 25 recipes.

Just create one file as working recipe and use COP
instruction to store/retrieve it to/from one of
the 25 records (indexed addressing will make things
very simple to program). To delete recipe just use FLL.
Use second index to scroll through working recipe
from your touchscreen (PV300 has limited screen area).

panic mode