OMRON C40H: Communication settings

Marsupilami

Hello All,

I have found an old C40H OMRON PLC and want to use it in a home project. since i never used a omron PLC i looking for some advice on establishing communication between the programming software and the controller.

I got the syswin 3.4 programming software and have used the diagrams i found in the manual to create a serial cable.

But now i come to serial settings and i have no idea wich settings i should use, also the PLC still has a program so maby the settings are changed(don't know if thats possible).

Can anyone give me the procedure to clear the PLC?

And does somone know the default communication setitngs for a C40H PLC? Baud, Unit, Protocol?

Regards,

Marsupilami

Omron manual numbers for that series of product is
W175 Programming manual, W176 Hardware manual.

You can download the manuals from:
www.omron247.com, search the Document Library
for the manual numbers.

Also, on that product, pin 7 is signal ground
not pin 9. Check to see how you have that connected.

Hope this will help.