DP/DP Coupler

alielectrical

DP/DP Coupler
We have S7 300 DP coupled with 505, using Siemens DP/DP coupler.
When we turn off the 24 dc supply to DP/DP coupler and then switch on, DP/DP coupler shows fault on 505 side.Led blinking red.
Whereas S7 300 side is OK.

When we disconnect the profibus plug of 505 on the DP coupler and then reconnect it. The fault goes away.

We have to do this everytime the power is disconnected.

We checked everything, cable, interchanged the profibus cable on the coupler etc. But no improvement.

Can anyone help me find the problem. What could be wrong.

I am not very familiar with couplers' myself. So if I am not clear, pls inform me as to what more info should I give to get help.

Thanks and regards,
ali.

Dear jstolaruk,
I am sorry if I was not very clear. But the system is working normally ok.
We only have this problem when 24dc to coupler is switched off and then on.
Once we disconnect the profibus cable from coupler and then reconnect it, the fault goes away. Any more suggestions?

Thanks and regards,
ali

There are a bunch of dip switch settings on the front of these devices and they may not be set properly. Have you checked them against the manual? Or, what are they set to?

Hi alielectrical

There's a PS (power supply) dip switch for both connections to the DP/DP coupler

This needs to be set to ON for whatever side has the power supply connected to it. (If both sides have their own power supply put them both to ON)

If you only have 1 power supply going into the coupler it is best to put it in the 2nd power supply connection (the bottom one).

Hope that helps..

:)

Hi Alielectrical did you find any explanation to the odd behaviour of DP DP it seems i am facing almost the same problem but the difference is i am having two ABB controllers instead of S7 300 DP coupled to 505 answer would be appreciable