slc 500 to pc or laptop

eng_ehab

hi all

i want to connect slc500 with pc or laptop via rs232 port
software is rslogix and rslink
how can i do it in steps ?!
thanx

first question is what make and model of PLC are you connecting to?
second question what cable are you using ?
third question is what type of port are you using USB or serial ?

next point is do a search there has been tons of discussions on this site on how to hook up to an SLC

In order to help you we need the above questions answered

mordred said:
first question is what make and model of PLC are you connecting to?
second question what cable are you using ?
third question is what type of port are you using USB or serial ?

next point is do a search there has been tons of discussions on this site on how to hook up to an SLC

In order to help you we need the above questions answered

thank you about your interest

i want to connect with slc 500
i am using serial cable RS232
but every time i want to connect with slc 500 it gives me message
"cannot connect with online processor ",puit in ur mind that software is rslogix .

thank you

"God only helps those who help themselves"

There are all kinds of SLCs. Do you have REALLY have a SLC 500 (solid brick - really old) or do you more likely have a SLC 5/02, 5/03, 5/04 or 5/05?

What kind of RS232 cable do you have? Straight through, Null modem, one you made, one from AB, etc.

You need to be MUCH more specific in your details and you REALLY need to put forth a little effort and do a search here as this question has been covered dozens of times.

OK lets cover this a bit more if your connecting to micrologix you need cable 1747-pm02 if your connecting to SLC 503 to 504 you need cable 1747-cp3 if your using a USB port you need a 1747-UIC adaptor to connect to the RS 485 ports. See attachment for the other cable numbers a standard rs 232 cable will not work