SLC 505 will not allow channel configuration in offline mode!

robertmee

Lifetime Supporting Member
This is a new one on me. I cannot do anything in the channel configuration tab without the error box at the top popping up. I can't change tabs or anything. This program is strictly offline although it has been running in RSLogix500 Emulator. At one time it was correctly setup with the IP, but suddenly this. Note all the boxes with zero values. Help!
ChannelErr.JPG

Last edited:
Oh well....Don't know how or why it could have gotten corrupted, but here's RS's answer:

Error: "Mode change characters must be unique". Both modes on Channel 0 are disabled and cannot get access to the screens to enable the modes.

trnsp.gif
Answer Save the file as a .SLC file, then reopen the saved file. This appears to correct corruptions in the RSLogix 500 program.

robertmee said:
Oh well....Don't know how or why it could have gotten corrupted, but here's RS's answer:

Error: "Mode change characters must be unique". Both modes on Channel 0 are disabled and cannot get access to the screens to enable the modes.

trnsp.gif
Answer Save the file as a .SLC file, then reopen the saved file. This appears to correct corruptions in the RSLogix 500 program.

Well, this is something unique!
Never heard anything like it before.
Good to know though.

Well, I pinned it down to what's causing it, but now to find out why. If you do an ONLINE save of your project file while in RSLogix500 Emulator, it corrupts it. I've replicated it now. I know that Logix500Emulator doesn't allow online edits, but it does let you save the data table, or so I thought. I had been having other problems with it randomly forcing on all the I/O too. Definitely an issue. I'm wondering if it has something to do with versioning as I'm on CPR9 of Logix500, but version 5.00.08 of Emulate. Time to give AB a call.

Okay, spoke with RS tech support. The Good News: It is a known issue with RS Logix Emulator 500 and they are aware of the problem. The Bad News: It's not scheduled to be fixed until December at the earliest.

Soooo...The workaround is either don't do a save or be prepared to export/import to a new project when you're done emulating.

See technote 48247

Last edited: