Profibus Communication problem for 200m

engrselva

Hi Guys
I have connected 2 s300-314C-DP plc in Profibus. as I am running in test mode, I noticed both can communicate only in lowest bus speed. For the testing, the bus lenght is only 15m. But, in actual project, it is going to be 200m. I am worried, it miht be a problem in communication in real situation. can any one help me. what causes this problem?

regards
selva

Thanks for your reply. but, I heard the PROFIBUS can support upto 1000m!!. That why i am in confussion. Is there anything wrong in my programm setting, configuration....?

Thanks in advance.

regards
selva

The lower the bus speed, the longer the distance. Though you should be able to communicate at higher speeds in you test rig, check your network configuration.

Maximum 50m without repeaters according to Siemens. But I have a installation with a 300-350m cable without any repater, with low speed it works perfectly.

Singapore_Mats said:
Maximum 50m without repeaters according to Siemens. But I have a installation with a 300-350m cable without any repater, with low speed it works perfectly.

It depends on the bus speed, at 12Mbs then 50m but at 9600kbs it is 1000m