STEP7 HW Update for 31x-2PN/DP v2.6

JesperMP

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi all.

I would be really grateful to that someone with an uptodate STEP7 who would post the STEP7 Hardware update file for S7 31x-2PN/DP v2.6

You find the number of the file when you select "install HW updates" in STEP7. In the list of available updates the left-most value is the number of the update file.
The actual file can be found under C:\HWUpdates and the filename is "s7hnnnnx.hsp" where "nnnn" is the number found in the HW catalog.
For exmple "s7h0105x.hsp" is the HW update file # 105 which is for S7 315-2PN/DP v2.3 I believe.

My problem is that I only have access to an old PC with a not-uptodate STEP7, and the PC isnt connected to the internet.

A GREAT "THANKS" TO ANYONE WHO CAN HELP ME !

Jesper,

31x-2PN/DP v2.6 is not available as a hardware update...so support for this CPU must have been with a version upgrade or service pack.

Kevin

JesperMP said:
Hi all.

My problem is that I only have access to an old PC with a not-uptodate STEP7, and the PC isnt connected to the internet.
Hardware Support Packages (HSPs - 02/2008)
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/23183356
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/llisapi.dll/csfetch/23183356/STEP7_HSPs.zip
(one big ZIP 12484 KB )

The procedure of how to Inet-offline update the Hardware Catalog of your STEP 7 installation with this download ZIP is described in entry ID 22374877

Last edited:
Thank you both of you.

It looks like there is no quick fix.
v2.6 for 31x-2PN/DP is not mentioned at all in the list of HW updates.
But there is mention of v2.5 and it requires STEP7 v5.4 - which is bad for me as I only have v5.3 available. :(

I have asked a collegue to send a downgraded project file with the CPU set to v2.3 . I hope it fixes my problem.

Thank you anyway :)