Question to all australians

khalil

Hello,

I need opinions from Australians who are working in the automation field,

I am planning on moving to Melbourne Australia by Jan 2009, and I still dont know what to expect as for finding jobs, wages, etc

I been to Australia for christmas and newyear and I love it, great country and lovely people, my wife is aussie and it was her wish that we sattle down in Australia.

I have 7 years in the industrial automation field, I have done VB CNC complete systems for feeding processes and Cut to length apps,servo controlled indexing tables(perforation machines), I have experience in pneumatics , Hydraulics, etc I also do welding, I operate lathe machine.

what would be your advice/ opinion? how much do I expect as a wage, and is it easy to find a job? especialy if I dont have a college degree, only have experience!

I am thinking on studying for a degree and work at the same time!

what do you reckon? all aussies opinions are appreciated.

best regards

Do you know where New Zealand is ?
Well You are talking about going to the West Island of New Zealand, It is a self Governing Island, and is commonly called Australia.

They are very buzy over there, at the moment, and dont seem to have time to talk.

Is your background in Electrical or Mechanical and do you hold any formal Qualifications in a trade that it could be possible to easily gain those qualifications after arrival in Aussie.

I feel some Aussies might come back to you real soon
Good luck.

Gil47 said:
Do you know where New Zealand is ?
Well You are talking about going to the West Island of New Zealand, It is a self Governing Island, and is commonly called Australia.

They are very buzy over there, at the moment, and dont seem to have time to talk.

Is your background in Electrical or Mechanical and do you hold any formal Qualifications in a trade that it could be possible to easily gain those qualifications after arrival in Aussie.

I feel some Aussies might come back to you real soon
Good luck.

Were alaways "buzy" over here. There is some disput as to wether Gil's first statement is correct or not but it is common mistake to make considering the number of Kiwi's that have decided to cross the Tasman and live in Oz (maybe it has something to do with the sheep. :D
Anyway onto the more important stuff, there is a wide range of pay rate accross Australia currently if you intend to stay close to the capitol cities the rates can vary from $50 to $150 per hour depending on your qualifications. Some of the larger companies (Rockwell, Seimens, Citect etc) would probably charge around $120 - $150 (estimation) per hour. Typically the higher hourly rates include accomodation expenses etc.
I would suggest that you haver a look at some of the employment web-sites such as www.seek.com.au etc. These will probably give you a better indication of what is available and where. There always seems to be advertisments for engineering trades to work in the mining industry, but that tend to be fairly remote from the capitol cities.

Don't be too worried if you don't know where New Zealand is, Australia will probably annex it within the next few years , all we need to do is a few minor mods to the flag..:D (once we figure out what to do with the Kiwi's that are still over there) And then it will be easy to find . Just head East from Sydney..

Good Luck

If you are prepaired to work in the mines (normally 2 weeks on, 1 week off) you can earn approx between $120K and $150k Aus$ per year.

If you want to stay in the city, you can typically earn $90K to 120K

Tax is high in Australia (typically 40%) not sure how this compares. There is loads of work here at the moment as they have a skills shortage.

Good Luck

thank you so much guys for the valuable informations and I really feel welcomed already, the wages seem to be pretty fair te me!

I dont have college degree but, I have videos and pics of the systems I have made, and I am willing to undergo any training for any job if required..mines seem to be an awesome idea, again..I am not so worried anymore thanks to you all

god bless you. thanks

Definately make it out to New Zealand - it's quite the location!

I bumped into a New Zealander who mentioned the mines as well. He was saying that there was a skilled labor shortage and described that you could make "heaps of money" working there.

matt_sd said:
If you are prepaired to work in the mines (normally 2 weeks on, 1 week off) you can earn approx between $120K and $150k Aus$ per year.

If you want to stay in the city, you can typically earn $90K to 120K

Tax is high in Australia (typically 40%) not sure how this compares. There is loads of work here at the moment as they have a skills shortage.

Good Luck

Dua Anjing said:
Don't be too worried if you don't know where New Zealand is, Australia will probably annex it within the next few years , all we need to do is a few minor mods to the flag..:D (once we figure out what to do with the Kiwi's that are still over there) And then it will be easy to find . Just head East from Sydney..

My worry is that with all the kiwis in Aus, in a couple of generations they may have a chance of lifting the bledisloe cup!!

:ROFLMAO: New Zealanders are Australians who had the initiative to escape. Think you have more South Africans in Oz than australians these days