Mitsubishi - A to Q series conversion

peng

We are looking to upgrade Mitsubishi A series PLC with a Q series.

Has any one done this swap? If so can you please answer me the following

Potential challenges
Networking issues to look for. Type of communication protocol?

Space constraints in the panel? Will this be a direct swap?

Will the existing program be ported to the new Q series without any modifications?

Any other relevant information to check, with the existing A series setup

Any other stuff to look for?

best check link in previous message and talk to your supplier.

what exactly you plan on doing? years ago i upgraded CPUs in few machines (from AnAS to QnAS). can't remember any issues, if my dusty memory is still goo all I had to do is change few flags (CPU status, always on, first scan...) which can be done easily with search and replace.