Version Error?

jrpechta

I have a customer who sent me a ladder logic to modify for them in RsLogix 500.

When I open the ladder, all the rungs appear properly and all comments are fine.

What is corrupted, the I/O configuration is blanked, and it will not let me add a rack size.

Do I have a versioning error possibly? As I think my customer might be using a newer version.

My version: RsLogix 500 v7.00.00 Build 19.

Is there a way to update online? As I'm currently on assignment in Germany.

When I attempt to view the Controller properties, it gives me an error and RS 500 crashes completely.

I'm wondering if I should try to get an update or just start a new project and copy out all the rungs and files.

Ken Moore said:
Have the customer save the file as a *.slc type. Then you should be able to open and modify

Ken's advice is great, and you may even be able to try to save it yourself as a .slc file...since you seem to be able to open it. That may not fix it but is worth a try and only takes a few seconds.

Your problem is a rare case that I have not heard of before so be sure to let us know the final resolution.

Good Luck!
Paul

If I understand the OP correctly I think I can offer a solution.
A work colleague recently (yesterday) had the same issue.
He found that he had to update to at least version 7.10 to be able to read the I/O configuration.
In version 7.00 he couldn't see the I/O configuration correctly, after some investigating we found that a laptop running 7.10 could see the I/O config of the same program with no problems and could even change the I/O configuration.

We all updated to 7.20 yesterday as a result!

I had a 5/05 do something similar. I don't know the original software that was used, and I really thought I had it.

I had a bad IO configuration, and COULD NOT edit it out. Period. Offline, online, same thing. I reloaded a copy of another program, different IO, then uploaded the one I had. That cured it, but it cost me a day of trial and error.