communicating between plcs?

i have four plcs i need to communicate with from one area they are as follows:
three slc500 1747-l40c/f
one slc500 5/04 1747-l542b
and one micrologix 1500 lrp series c

hers the deal as i see it and need to get management to understand
right now there are five different hmis to set up individually to get the system to supposedly to work together.
the panels involved are one quickpanel one bejers 300 a ab panelveiw 300 and two panelveiw 500 ok the bejers the quickpanel and the panelveiw 300 are on the slc 500 1747-l40c/f's the 500's are on the other two.

dear god in heaven but this is all in an atempt to automate the movement of machined parts from mikron machining centers through parts washers the slc500 brick plcs to three pick and place systems. two are yamaha yp 320 robots and the last is a pnuematic pick and place with the micrologix's 1500. the pick and places put the parts on the conveyor system controlled by the 5/04.

clear as fog so far and i know the system.

ok so far so good but now what they need is to integrate all this and make them all play together nicely. my question is how??????
production hates settingup five seperate systems and hopeing it all works.. what can i suggest to management to do all this from one area?? there is a lot more involved in the individuall controls of the seperate machines but i would like to get it so a simpleton engineer can run it

Clear as fog...

Look into the AB DH-485 network. All of the PLC's listed will communicate on DH-485.(except possibly the HMI's and the Robot) You will also need to use AIC and AIC+'s.

Here is a recent thread that discusses this and provides some pictures.