1794 0816 Output Module still flashing

The G Man

Hi everyone,

I have an output module that is blinking outputs 6 and 7 even when I take the wires out from the terminals. I thought it was the output module, I changed it and still had the same problem. My only other thought is that it is the relay base. Has anyone experienced this if you have please help it is driving me crazy.

Thanks
G

Could you please confirm the part number

Is this is an Allen Bradley module ?
You quote 1794 is that a flex I/O module ?
Next the O816 should it be an OB16 or an OE16 ?

Yup -- output lights will still blink if they are programmed to be blinking even though the output wires are disconnected.

I dont understand, if the outputs are programmed tobe coming on then the LED's will blink wont they !

The LED is usually BEFORE the final output stage of the electronics so will operate regardless of the power connected to the output ?