Help key on a OP277

userxyz

Question...

I have several valves on a screen with a graphical representation. The text description is not shown... but I want to show this when pressing help (while key is pressed).

But it has to be screen dependent. When we are in screen 5, then I want the discription of all the valves on that screen..

any ideas ?

In one of the weekly Siemens emails I saw a way to bring up the help text for an object. I will do some searching and see if I can find their example.

Here is what I was thinking of. I don't know if this is what your looking for. I got this out of the manual under "calling info text"

Hi,

Dunno if this is the correct way, but here goes:

Create a new tag to hold your current screen number. Using the area pointer this is quite easy. Area pointer screen number gets adress DB1.DBW100, then DB1.DBW102 is the actual screen number.

Create second internal tag.

On your Help button, select Events > Calculation > SetValue. Tag out is the second internal tag, Value is the first tag.

Now while you are on the template, create several text fields. These will hold the info-text you want so best to use the layers. Say layer 1 for screen 1 etc....makes it easier to maintain/change/look at.....

For the text fields on layer 1 set the Animation > Visibility to enabled, tag should be the second (internal) tag. Select visible and range from 1-1 for screen 1 and on layer 5 set 5-5 for screen 5 etc.....

Now you only need to find a way/key to hide these texts again.

Maybe use the ESC-key to transfer 0 into the internal tag, or when screen is cleared transfer 0 to internal tag.

That would be a quick and dirty way...:D
Only thing I could come up with on short notice...:D

Give it a try, might need some fine tuning....but I'm sure it'll work like that..:D

Jeebs

In case

In case there is no other way, I will use your way Jeebs,

But I found something in the WInCC Flex help, maybe useful ?? I need to try this I think...:

If a Help file is specified in HelpFile, the HelpContext property is used to automatically display the Help topic identified. If both HelpFile and HelpContext are empty, the value of the Number property is checked. If it corresponds to a VBScript run-time error value, then the VBScript Help context ID for the error is used. If the Number property doesn't correspond to a VBScript error, the contents screen for the VBScript Help file is displayed.

The following example illustrates use of the HelpContext property:
On Error Resume NextDim MsgErr.ClearErr.Raise 6 ' Generate "Overflow" error.Err.Helpfile = "yourHelp.hlp"Err.HelpContext = yourContextIDIf Err.Number <> 0 Then Msg = "Press F1 or Help to see " & Err.Helpfile & " topic for" & _ " the following HelpContext: " & Err.HelpContext MsgBox Msg, , "error: " & Err.Description, Err.Helpfile, Err.HelpContextEnd If

Jeebs said:
Hi,

Dunno if this is the correct way, but here goes:

Create a new tag to hold your current screen number. Using the area pointer this is quite easy. Area pointer screen number gets adress DB1.DBW100, then DB1.DBW102 is the actual screen number.

Create second internal tag.

On your Help button, select Events > Calculation > SetValue. Tag out is the second internal tag, Value is the first tag.

Now while you are on the template, create several text fields. These will hold the info-text you want so best to use the layers. Say layer 1 for screen 1 etc....makes it easier to maintain/change/look at.....

For the text fields on layer 1 set the Animation > Visibility to enabled, tag should be the second (internal) tag. Select visible and range from 1-1 for screen 1 and on layer 5 set 5-5 for screen 5 etc.....

Now you only need to find a way/key to hide these texts again.

Maybe use the ESC-key to transfer 0 into the internal tag, or when screen is cleared transfer 0 to internal tag.

That would be a quick and dirty way...:D
Only thing I could come up with on short notice...:D

Give it a try, might need some fine tuning....but I'm sure it'll work like that..:D

Jeebs

If you are talking about the helptext (Infotext) of an object its Readonly when you are using scripts. I'am not really sure what you are aiming for here but if you already know what screen you are on then just add textfields and toogle the visibility with a bool and toogle it when you press the help key. If you are in the template you can tie a funtions to the help key. Otherwise its possible to grab the current screenname with a script and write diffrent texts to textfields. The err.raise method is used for custom errorhandling inside scripts but this is more for scripts inside a real windows environment. The version Siemens is using is stripped and for example messageboxs are not suported in Winccflexible

Last edited:
CharlesM's way should also work.
Dunno about VBS, not really used it much (kinda slows down the performance), so can't comment there...:(

What I like about my way is the ability to place your info texts right next to the object it refers to. :D:D
Might take a while to set it up just right, but in my imagination I can see potential..:D

:)

Sounds like TOOLTIP

Jeebs said:
Dunno about VBS, not really used it much (kinda slows down the performance), so can't comment there...:(

What I like about my way is the ability to place your info texts right next to the object it refers to. :D:D
Might take a while to set it up just right, but in my imagination I can see potential..:D

Jeebs said:

You are right and if you just want to add infotexts of objects on the current screen the screen itself has infotext and as soon as you select that screen or object and has written somthing in the infotext field the "help" button ligths up.

Infotext

If I understand it right, then I can type text on every screen it's infotext property.

The HELP led will light up when text was filled in.

When pressing HELP, the Infotext is shown ?

I didn't test it, I'm busy with other stuff, but as soon I have the time, I'll check this out

Bratt said:
You are right and if you just want to add infotexts of objects on the current screen the screen itself has infotext and as soon as you select that screen or object and has written somthing in the infotext field the "help" button ligths up.

Guys

Guys,

Infotext was what I needed,

But the thing Jeebs gave is also interesting :)

Greetings and big thanks

Gerry