Intouch PLC and programming

JYZ

Hello everyone, I working with intouch 9.0 I want to know how connect a PLC Allen Bradley SLC500 with the computer software Intouch, and also i want to know if somebody has the script for a chronometer for windowmaker Intouch
I will appreciete any kind of help this is my capstone design class.

Thanks
Jim

The type of SLC will determine how you need to connect it and set it up.

Asking for a script for a chronometer sounds like homework to me and we don't do that here.

What SLC are you using?

allscott said:
Asking for a script for a chronometer sounds like homework to me and we don't do that here.

Are you sure it was the chronometer that set you off to it being homework and not the it's for "the capstone design class" in his post ;-)

I don't mind helping with homework, but don't think that we'll do the work for you. Put more detail into describing your questions (not the assignment).

thank you for your response, the PLC is an Allen Brandley SLC 5/03 and the connection to the computer is through RS232

Thanks

You're connecting via RSLinx Classic?

JYZ said:
thank you for your response, the PLC is an Allen Brandley SLC 5/03 and the connection to the computer is through RS232

Thanks

Thanks,All
Ihave some problem now iunderstand it,my application operate with plc 5 via intouch 16.

Last edited:
First you must be using at least RSLinx Classic Gateway or Professional. Not Lite or Single Client. Lite doesn't support DDE/OPC and Single Client doesn't support FastDDE or 3rd party which you need for Intouch.

Once you confirm you have the right version of linx, you'll need to add/configure the DF1 driver to connect to the SLC serial port. Once you have that configured in Linx and talking, you'll need to create a DDE topic and point it to your SLC in the browse tree. Name the topic something like MySLC or whatever makes sense for your class.

Now, in Intouch, under AccessNames, create a new one, assign the topic name you created above for the name and topic, leave the computer name blank, and in the application enter RSLinx.

Now, when you create your tags, make them I/O, assign the above accessname and give it an itemname that makes sense to your SLC (something like B3:0/0).