SLC 5/05 Serial vs. Ethernet

smohamed

A quick question. I configured my SLC 5/05 through the serial port and then downloaded the program, such that I could use the Ethernet port to communicate. I have it all working on my network, but this is more of a general question.

I understand that the Serial port is Channel 0, while the Ethernet port is Channel 1. However, within System Comms, through RSLogix500, when I select the DF-1 Driver, it shows
Node 1 (RSLinx API is the server) while when I select the Ethernet Driver it shows Node 0. Is it because my computer is Node 0 with the serial driver?

Could anyone clarify this for me?

Thanks!

Probably. If you open up the DF1 drive config in RSLinx, you will see a field for "Station Number". I'm betting it is set at 0.

In any event, the RSLinx 'Node' has nothing to do with the physical port, it's just a means of addressing multiple devices.