Low Cost PLC w/ Math & Setpoint update?

bobnbama

Application for monitoring process input over several days - alarm if exceeds setpoint. Need to average rolling input values and update setpoint based on average with defined tolerance.

Now recording on PLR and manually averaging and updating setpoints. I appreciate any suggestions for upgrade.
Thanks
Bob

You might want to look at the Horner line. www.heapg.com they have some really cost effective units and they have the math functions and such built in. Their software is also free. Check it out and let me know what you think.

bobnbama said:
Application for monitoring process input over several days - alarm if exceeds setpoint. Need to average rolling input values and update setpoint based on average with defined tolerance.

Now recording on PLR and manually averaging and updating setpoints. I appreciate any suggestions for upgrade.
Thanks
Bob

Bob,

You haven't stated what your input devices for monitoring will be, but any PLC should suffice.

If you are interested, you can discuss your application with us and we can configure a PLC for your requirements.

Our link is in my signature and our contact information is at our web site.

Please note that I am a representative for Entertron.

God Bless,

mrtweaver said:
You might want to look at the Horner line. www.heapg.com they have some really cost effective units and they have the math functions and such built in. Their software is also free. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Thanks for the suggestion - I'll take a look.

Stephen - The really low cost PLC or PLR can't do the math and averaging, etc. The most economical next step up may be the AB Pico GFX. Still researching this. The input data is pulse inputs over a 24 hour day. Thanks for your reply.