AWM verbotten in NFPA 79

TConnolly

Lifetime Supporting Member
The other day I was skimming through my NFPA 79 book and I noticed that AWM wire is not allowed. AWM covers several types of UL recognized (as opposed to listed) wire.

AWM was convenient for wiring 32 point IO modules because the thinner insulation accomodated the high density modules better than MTW. The MTW bundle is too large to fit well in a 1756-IB32 module.

What alternatives are there besides pre-wired RTBs or using an extended RTB?

Similar Topics

I'm setting up a new smart wireless gateway to communicate with Rosemont wireless transmitters, This will interface with a AB CLX L73 Processor...
Replies
Views
What is the general thought of using 120V solenoid valves while maintaining NFPA 70E guidelines? I would think that as long as the connections and...
Replies
Views
Hey all, Looking for some information. If a machine was being built in Either the US or EU for Mexico, where can I find what the electrical...
Replies
Views
So, I am covering for a colleague who is out this week, and I started to check out a control panel he had designed. To my surprise, I opened the...
Replies
Views
I've only ever been on the maintenance/commissioning side of Arc Flash training and I'm being asked to make sure a panel meets Category 0. I know...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom