Omron C120 PLC

plcengineer

Gents,

I am needing to upload the plc program from an Omron C120 plc. It appears that there is a large pin connector in the front of the plc for comms. What kind of cable is that? Looks like it is a 48 pin or so.. It is alot larger than 25 pin..

Also, what type of software do I need to use.. Are there any gotcha's with an upload because we don't have a backup...

Thanks,

Hello plcengineer,

That's an old 'un you've got there!
The connector on the front is for mounting a Host Link unit. It is the Host Link unit that will connect to your PC with a (nearly) standard Omron serial cable.
Part number 3G2A6-LK201-EV1 (this is for RS232 connection).
CX-Programmer (part of CX-One)can upload the program, but don't expect any comments or symbol names to be transferred as I don't think that these are stored in the PLC.
An alternative to CX-P may be the older "Syswin" - plenty of trial versions available via the Web, - but I'm not too sure whether this supported the C120.
Hope this helps.

Hi,
I don't believe Cx-Programmer will do the old C120. You will need to use Syswin to upload the program.

The only gotcha I'm aware of with these is DO NOT unplug the cable will you are on line with the PLC. Go off line first I know several people who lost serial ports on their PC's doing this with the older hostlink units. Of course that was also with older PC's when this model was new.

Newer versions of CX Programmer will support uploading, downloading and comparing of the C120 but I'm not sure how you would handle changes.

cxprog.JPG