What I/O PC board with Visual Studio.Net?

XIO

I would like to know which type of I/O board is popular in the automation industry to be programmed with Visual Studio.Net or Visual Basics. Is there any type of affordable starter kit that I could buy to practice?

Thanks

If you're looking for something low cost to play around with, I would consider something like this:

http://www.electronics123.com/s.nl/it.A/id.291/.f

It uses a simple ASCII protocol over RS232, which is very easy to program in Visual Basic 2005/2008

I've used the Beckhoff BK8100 in a pure Visual Basic application and it worked very well. If you are interested, I can send you the class for implementing the protocol.

Hi,
I have been handed over Beckhoff BK8100 Bus Coupler with Serial Interface along with its peripheral Terminals like 8 Channel Digital I/O (KL2408, KL1408), 2 Channel Analog Output (KL4012), 2 channel Analog Input (KL3062) and Pulse Train Output Module (KL2521).
All this suff is totally new for me. Although I have good experience in Allaen Bradley and Festo PLCs and Visual Basic. Can I get same support for programming of Beckhoff BK8100 and Digital I/O Terminals in Visual Basic 6.0 (Enterprise Edition) with some examples in VB.

Do I need to get Beckhoff KS8000 software or any other OCX module for programing in VB. I would be very grateful.

Rai

I have been handed over Beckhoff BK8100 Bus Coupler with Serial Interface along with its peripheral Terminals like 8 Channel Digital I/O (KL2408, KL1408), 2 Channel Analog Output (KL4012), 2 channel Analog Input (KL3062) and Pulse Train Output Module (KL2521).
Can I get same support for programming of Beckhoff BK8100 and Digital I/O Terminals in Visual Basic 6.0 (Enterprise Edition) with some examples in VB.

Do I need to get Beckhoff KS8000 software or any other OCX module for programing in VB. I would be very grateful.

Rai
I have used the BK8100 on a pure VB application, but I used .NET
The protocol is very simple to implement. If you PM me your email address, I will be glad to email you the .NET class I created for communicating with the BK8100.