SLC 5/05 Ethernet

sherman4

I would like to find out the maximum distances I can manage if I connect AB SLC5/05 Ethernet PLCs over twisted pair, in star topology.
Tks

The standard lenght for any 10T Network is a Max of 100 meters between the Hub/Switch to the Device, in this case a SLC5/05.

Sherman;we run 2 slc505's on Ethernet for our Ammonia Plants and they are both about 60-70 metres from the hub and have no trouble spinning the ladder around or flashing the pumpkin eyes (for our American friends!) :D :p 100 metres sounds about right.
Regards,

At one customers site, I've got five 5/05 on a wireless network, using THREE access points for maximum coverage. The PLC's are located 350 meters at the largest span. I am using Linksys access points, to collect information from the SLC and send them wireless to a RS View server.