Redlion Crimson: Change TCP port in a program?

billysmithde2

Using Crimson with G3 panels and the master controllers, four TCP/IP protocols are allowed. I would like to access a 4 port serial-to-ethernet adapter and provide several other TCP services (ethernetIP and Modbus) at the same time. Problem: All four serial ports require different TCP/IP ports (e.g. 4001, 4002, 4003, 4004), so that seems like it would consume all four Ethernet protocols allowed. I would like to assign one Raw TCP/IP Active protocol and in programming cycle through the four ports mapped to the four serial devices with the required custom serial code depending on the devices attached. Anyone know if this is possible?

There is currently no way to change the port via programming. You are correct that the only way to do it right now is to use all 4 protocols. I submitted a feature request for a programmatic way to change the TCP port.

Regards,
Dan