Mitsubishi FX1N to Computer link

jetset

Hi All.
I am trying to link from my Mitsubishi FX1N (fitted with a rs232 serial interface) to my computer com port.
Can somebody please tell me which cables to connect and what communication format to set for data register D8120

I will then write the PLC programme using the RS fuction to dump data to my computer, where i can pick it up and manipulate it.

Does anyone know a good (free) programm to check that i am transmitting data correctly from PLC to computer?

Any information would be appreciated

my Mitsubishi FX1N (fitted with a rs232 serial interface)
are you talking about a DB9?

Are you just trying to go online??

If so you will need a SC09, or you can make your own using a rs232/422 converter

If you search here and/or mrplc you can find the pinout

I am not familiar with the FX1N, but the FX2n with a 232BD fitted needs programming in the ladder as per D8120 etc

See attached for FX1N 232BD card

I cant attach the comms user manual as its too large but have a look here

Note to GIT: I dont think he's trying to go online, he wants to connect his pc up to the 232BD card on the FX to get data out.

504bloke said:
Note to GIT: I dont think he's trying to go online, he wants to connect his pc up to the 232BD card on the FX to get data out.

Thanks Dave...

I once tried to buy one on eBay (I lost) I wasn't sure what it was but I knew if I got it I could figure it out (with some help from my friends :site: )

geniusintraining said:
Thanks Dave...

I once tried to buy one on eBay (I lost) I wasn't sure what it was but I knew if I got it I could figure it out (with some help from my friends :site: )

Like everything mitsi, they are real nice and easy to program :D

Thanks for your quick replies guys.

I should have made myself clearer the first time. I have the manual thankyou very much, but just cant quite seem to get my setup to work
1. The serial cable. i have crossed 2 and 3 (rxd and txd) and linked gnd straight through. pin 4 and 6 on the mitsubishi are dtr and dsr, these need to be crossed aswell, but do i connect them to dtr and dsr on the computer end or to rts cts on computer end? Do i need to link out rts and cts on computer end to 'fool' the computer?

2. register D8120 contains the setings for baud rate, parity etc. Do you know what setting this would be to link to a computer with a no protocol connection. so far i have 0000 1100 1000 0110 (H0c85) which gives me data lenth 7, parity even, stop bit 1, baud 9,600, header none, terminator none, control line normal mode 1, check sum none, protocol no protocol, transmission control protocol format 1.

3. I am then converting my data in the plc to ascii and outputting it using the RS command, and trying to pick it up in a com port programme.

hope this helps slightly