Data intensive RSView PCs

Pierre

Lifetime Supporting Member
Can 2 ENET card/module be installed on 1 PLC5/40C 4 slots rack with different IP address in order to segregate between the SCADA Operator control part and the Trend logging part.

A trend and loging intensive setup slows down this system and I beleive upgrading to RSLinx Gateway will just not be enough.

I don't know if you can simply add a second ENET card with a different address, but I had a similar problem with a 16 slot PLC5/40E. It was Series C, Rev D. The PLC would fault and loose its program. I upgraded the processor firmware to Series C, Rev U.1 and the problems stopped. The upgrade was even covered under our tech-connect contract.

Similar Topics

Hello I have a s7-1200 and I would like to read the tags present in this controller with my controllogix controller. The two controllers don't use...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, I'm not as accustom with Siemens & WinCC, however I've been asked to increase the amount of data an existing application is logging...
Replies
Views
Has anyone migrated Proficy Historian data to a new server? I followed the guide to move all the data over, but when I run the utility, it stops...
Replies
Views
I cannot add SLC500 analog input tag (I: 8.3) to EZSeries Touch Panel Editor (V 5.3). I used all the listed tag datatype but it all says "Invalid...
Replies
Views
Hi, Wy we log data in PLC using DLG instruction, when we have option to log data in HMI
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom