Contrologix Ethernet MSG instuction extended error code

pats

Using 1756-L61 plc. Have a msg instruction for a 1756-ENTB that has no normal error but has a extended error code of 16#0000_DD14. Has anyone come across this and know what it means or can tell me how to fix?

Can you give more information - like what are you trying to send a message to. IP addresses, length of message, etc. Screen shots of your message would help too.

This is what we have

here is the config
configdart.JPG

here is the comms

comms.JPG

here is the code for the ENBT

ENBT.JPG

Thank you for even looking at this

What are the tags for your messaging? The Source Element and the Destination Element?

What is the device you are attempting to communicate to?

Sorry I can't specifically answer your question but, to see what the extended error code means, you can try to highlight the "msg" in the ladder logic and press F1. That will usually bring up the help file which will direct you to the extended error codes.

Hope that helps.

This error code is not documented in the RSLogix help file. Tried that. Tried to Google it - nothing. Tried to find it on RS Tech Support website - no luck. Down to basics now.

But have you consulted RS Tech Support?

pats said:
Thank you for your help
we will try the RS Tech Support.

When you find the answer, please post it here. I've personally never seen that error code before.

Your right brainfart thinking of a different case. By the way is the message actually faulted? Is the fault bit set. If not is the data in the extended error code just old data. Have you tried going to the tag and clearing the exterr data?

Since the target "DART" device is a non-RA device, it's unlikely that RA Tech Support will be able to tell you much about the error code. It's my suspicion that the message is completing but the device is sending an error response to the ControlLogix.

What is this "DART" ? Google has turned up a few suspects.

Try sending a "Device WHO" message to the DART to make sure it's connected and configured correctly to do EtherNet/IP. That is the same function that RSLinx uses to browse device identities, so if the device shows up in RSLinx it will respond to Device WHO.

Having the Service and the Class the same looks suspicious to me, but I'd have to read the EDS file or other product documentation, as Class 0x60 is Vendor-Defined but I don't know of any Service 0x60. Time to go read the CIP Spec a little.

Looks like Ken is back! - It was a short break ;)

Anyway, if you look at the error path at the bottom of the MSG - it is pointing to the DART device, so it means that error code is coming from this device and device specific. Only device manufacturer can tell you what it means.
They are using very strange and unusual service code, that is not part of CIP, so I am not surprised that hat use error codes that are not part of CIP spec.

Gentleman and or ladies,
The communication IP in our "Dart" which is a proprietary inspection system has multiple points in which the IP must be set.
As noted Tech Support had little help. We were seeing this because the IP in one of the locations was set incorrectly. Thank you all for your help. Dart stands for Distributed Architecture for Real Time Aplications (something our German counterparts have concocted). Again thank you for your assistance.

Using 1756-L61 plc. Have a msg instruction for a 1756-ENTB that has no normal error but has a extended error code of 16#0000_DD14. Has anyone come across this and know what it means or can tell me how to fix?
Did you get solution? I am also facing same issue. I am using 1756-L81E. Ethernet/IP communication works fine. no error but extended error code is 16#0000_feb8. Not getting any information about this error code. Any one can help me here?