RSView SE V4.0 Question

satkin

Hi

I am trying to find out the series of events that are undertaken when a client machine asks the server for a screen to be displayed, with particular reference to the hmi server and the data server.

My system is 2 servers (redundant) with the primary server hosting both the factory talk, hmi server and the data server. We have 2 network connections (Ethernet 100mbs) one to the client machines and one to the PLC's. I have checked the client network and it seems to be OK, however we suspect that our PLC network may run slowly at some times.

Basically sometimes we are informed of slow operation of client machines, I would like to know wether the process of moving screens/navigating would be effected by slow operation of the PLC network.

As far as I understood (I may be wrong) the RSView software operates like a webserver, in that the client asks for a screen, the server then responds by displaying the required screen. Is the data server part of this sequence or does it operate independantly,i.e. the hmi server aquires whatever information is valid at the time of the client request?

Just need to understand the internal workings and sequence of operation.

Thanks