Honeywell s9000

shaun croman

I want to connect 2 OPC servers to a honeywell s9000 but because it only uses one port for communications it keeps crashing the system.

So I want to bridge the connection between the honewells and OPC servers...

Does anyone know of any device that I can use to do this?

I have to ask: I assume that you need two OPC servers because you have two different OPC clients each of which need the S9000 data.
Why can't your OPC server serve two OPC clients?

If I recall properly the S9000 uses the serial Modbus RTU protocol. Serial Modbus RTU does not tolerate multiple master queries.

There might be a possibility of using a serial server configured as a bridge to convert from Modbus RTU (serial) to Modbus TCP (over ethernet).

Modbus TCP can handle multiple Modbus Masters.

I've used boxes like Lantronix Xpress DR-IAP to convert Modbus RTU to Modbus TCP successfully for a single Modbus TCP Master.

Dan

The OPC servers are on a pair of redundant servers which run in tandem so each one will need to see the honeywell to provide proper redundancy- I have used this for years on one of my sites that uses Bradley PLC's which don't seem to suffer the same way (OK they are a bit more modern as well!)
The honeywells currently communicate over ethernet- meant to mention this before