Siemens_New Project

irondesk40

Just been handed another project that will involve using Siemens PLC and HMI.
Have contacted my local rep, and have Step 7 on the way.
In my spare time, trying to go to Siemens web site, which seems to be a very good site, and download some info.

Curious, does Siemens have the equivalent of the SCP instruction.
Also, for example, a ab project that I am currently working on has a analog input card, and the values for the analog input is 0-16383 for the 4-20ma signals.
Could someone give a quick overview of how siemens analog cards are set up.
Going to work on a project in Pennsylvania for the next two weeks, so hopefully will have some time in the afternoon to study the info that I have downloaded from Siemens.
Thanks

Hi,

Following link will give you all the info you need for the S7-400 series.
Navigate to the analog section to find out just how it is done.

Analogs on the S7-400 and S7-300 are very similar....

Enjoy the read.....lots of info in there.

Jeebs

irondesk40 said:
Curious, does Siemens have the equivalent of the SCP instruction.
Find the block FC105 "SCALE" in the Standard Library under TI-S7 converting blocks.

irondesk40 said:
Also, for example, a ab project that I am currently working on has a analog input card, and the values for the analog input is 0-16383 for the 4-20ma signals.
The analog inputs normally have 0-27648 as their unscaled raw input ranges.

also, can you force a input or a memory location on?

just ordered a cpu315-2 PN/DP plc, hopefully will be here next week

JesperMP said:
Find the block FC105 "SCALE" in the Standard Library under TI-S7 converting blocks.

The analog inputs normally have 0-27648 as their unscaled raw input ranges.

Loaded the software today, and trying to become a little familiar with it. Can not find the block FC105
attached a screen shot of my screen.

what am i doing stupid.

Open the Standard Library that's shown toward the bottom left of your screen. Under that there's a folder called TI-S7 Converting Blocks. It's under there. I don't know why it's under there, but it is.

irondesk40 said:
also, can you force a input or a memory location on?

just ordered a cpu315-2 PN/DP plc, hopefully will be here next week

Yes!
In the Simatic manager choose the menu plc and the item "Display Force values". Now you will get a variable table where you can force bits true or false

my memories getting really rusty having being forced to use AB over here.

But I think you can only force I/O. Internal memory cannot be forced.

Someone correct me if my braincells are getting addled.

PeterW said:

You are right my mistake.......

PeterW said:

In a VAT (variable table) you can force/modify almost everything..:D

Jeebs said:
In a VAT (variable table) you can force/modify almost everything..:D

No... There is a diffrence between force and modify. In a regular vat table you cannot force only modify. If you modify the user program can still overwrite the values. If you force the user program cannot overwrite the value. And like Peter says memorybits cannot be forced but io's can.