Alarming Faults in RSView SE V5

Hi Guys,

When i start my RSView application client I recieve error maximum Alarm fault exceeded(500) None of the active alarms appear in the alarm object but when i click on the alarm fault tab on the control they all appear as --->Bad Quality.

Has anyone else experienced this? Can you please advise

RSView SE can be tricky sometimes. I haven't run into this problem but I have come accross several weird errors.

First - There are all kinds of patches for RSView SE that fix a host of problems, may of them deal with alarms. I had use a rollup patch for the software once to solve my problems. Be careful! One time I upgraded the firmware (at Allen Bradley's urging) and it made things worse. After talking to a better tech support person they told me some versions of firmware are not recomended and then I had to roll mine back.

The second thing is going to sound weird and stupid but I have come accross it more than once. Sometimes after making changes I needed to cycle the power on the device. Not just shut down and start up but actually unplug the screen and replace it. Iwas shocked but it sometimes matter. It cleared up my alarming issue on two seperate occasions.

Good Luck!