S5 135U communication problem

srik

Dear Sirs,

We are using S5 135U with CPU 928 and TTY converter for programmer communication purpose. This TTY converter is working with PLC com port internal supply. Now the communication problem is raised. I checked this TTY converter with another PLC. It is working. Now I confirmed that TTY converter is not working. This TTY converter was newly purchased. Old one is worked with external supply. It is worked for almost 10 years.

Now I need following clarifications:

1. Can siemens repair this COM port?

2. can I use the TTY converter with external supply?( The TTY converter has a provision to give external supply)

3. Can I use any interface module for communication purpose?( We are using CP143 with since H1 for MMI communication)

please read the question as below. earlier one has some mistakes

srik said:
Dear Sirs,

We are using S5 135U with CPU 928 and TTY converter for programmer communication purpose. This TTY converter is working with PLC com port internal supply. Now the communication problem is raised. I checked this TTY converter with another PLC. It is working. Now I confirmed that COM port is not working. This TTY converter was newly purchased. Old one is worked with external supply. It is worked for almost 10 years.

Now I need following clarifications:

1. Can siemens repair this COM port?

2. can I use the TTY converter with external supply?( The TTY converter has a provision to give external supply. Iam expecting the supply system in COM port only damaged)

3. Can I use any interface module for communication purpose?( We are using CP143 with since H1 for MMI communication)

Last edited: