slc5/04

gaz

please help i could lose a good job i have no info im moving a plant and dont want to lose any info stored on slc unit

Could you give some more details on it? Perhaps you could upload each processor image to your computer right before you power it down to be moved.

5/04

A couple of points on your problem. One, if you use this forum, you need not start a new thread each time you respond to a previous one you have posted. Just post a reply to or after the last one on your thread. You have three threads going here about the same thing.
Everyone here has had similar problems to the one you face. But, you said
im moving a plant and dont want to lose any info stored on slc unit
Check and see if the 5/04 has a battery back-up for the program RAM. If it does and it is working, you will not have a battery low indicator light or the S:5/11 bit that is toggling on and off. If the memory back-up is working you will not loose the program while the system is shut down and in transit to the new location. If you just want to get the program uploaded to look at what the program has to say or to put it on electronic storage, you will have to have the RSLogix500 software to do that. Above all, don't panic, your job is probably not in jeopardy.

Stick to one thread, please.

I am with Mr. Hill, you should give more details as to what your problem is and what your status is.
I know you have a SLC 5/04 and you want to preserve the program and configuration. With so little details we could toss out different methods and fixes all day and never hit on what you really need.
Are you a programmer or someone familiar with PLCs? Do you feel confident in your abilities to follow the upload/Download instructions? Are you wanting to do this yourself or contract someone? Do you have a computer with the correct software and cables? Does you 5/04 have a memory module. Are you pressed for time?

Roger