apple computers

You really want to bring your shiny apple computer to a oily workshop...? And if i remember correct the serialport diappeared from them already when clinton was president.

re:Apple Computers

I have the Automation Toolkit so I use all the Rockwell Software. I have all the software installed on my MacBook Pro. I use it almost daily and I have no problems. I have hooked up to many AB PLCs and Drives. I use the USB to RS232C converter that AB sells. It works really well.

Don't let the lack of serial ports scare you. I just ordered a Dell M6330 and found out that it doesn't have serial ports. Most new laptops are comming that way now.

jcr said:
I have the Automation Toolkit so I use all the Rockwell Software. I have all the software installed on my MacBook Pro. I use it almost daily and I have no problems. I have hooked up to many AB PLCs and Drives. I use the USB to RS232C converter that AB sells. It works really well.

Are you dual-booting into Windows or do you Windows running "inside" apple OS ?

jcr said:
I boot into Windows XP Pro using Apple's BootCamp.

Nice new feature of the new Mac's.......
Now where did I read that Vista runs better on a Mac then on any other pc?.....hmmm