electronic keying

gakpapa

hi all

i run RSLogix 5000 to download a program to Logix5555
i use 1756-IB16D for digital input
in the I/O configuration i choose that module, and choose compatible keying
i also click the "major fault on controller when connection failed in run mode" option

when i go to run mode, after a few second, an fault occurs
the fault error code is
error 23 : at least one required connection is not established before going in to run mode

then i try to change the electronic keying to disable keying option, run it again, and it works

why is it?
is there something wrong in the I/O configuration?
i think i choose the right module

i appreciated ur respond

thx a bunch

When you select "compatible keying" the processor will accept any module in the slot that is a 1756-IB16D and has the same major revision as the one you picked from the list. I suspect that you accepted a revision 3.xx module in the application but have revision 2.xx hardware in the slot. You can't change the major revision in the application; you'll have to delete the module and rs-select it, remembering to pick revision 2.