Free Software

Leonardo2003

Hi to all,

I found this forum very helpful specially for me who have a little knowledge on PLC. I tried everything to learn about it by browsing and reading books to understand its function and definitions. Presently I am working in steel plant as one of project engineer. My jobs involve automation but up to giving of I/O list only. My boss here never give me a chance to learn by making a ladder program. But as far as my concern, I can understand and read the ladder diagram of PLC. Is there any "Free Software" about PLC here for practice or familiarizing only. So far my Boss give me a responsiblity to list all I/O in our R1 mill for Automation and after that for our Continous Casting Machine of our meltshop. Is there anyone of you have work in a steel plant also specially in meltshop? This is my first time to work in a meltshop so I don't have any full knowledge about this? Please give me some background of "Automation" for this type of plant.

Thanks you.