.eds file, can these be loaded into Logix 500?

TimD

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,

I am trying to enable email functionality of my Micro 1100. I am getting close to configuring a MSG block to handle SMTP traffic.

I have one glaring issue, Logix thinks my CPU is Rev A, which does not support SMTP.

I have flashed the latest firmware (Rev 7/ Rev B) to my controller, but Logix only has reference to Rev A.

I went to Rockwell's site and downloaded an .eds file, but am unsure where to use it. I've used files like these in DeviceNet commissioning, but nowhere else.

Any suggestions? Thanks!!

EDS files have nothing to do with the feature support for your MicroLogix 1100. If your version of RSLogix 500 doesn't support the firmware features of the newest MicroLogix 1100, you might need an RSLogix 500 upgrade.

Precisely what are you planning to do with the MSG instruction ?

Actually, this is a separate issue, I cannot perform email functions without first getting Logix500 to recognize the proper CPU I am using :(

If an update is what I need, the Rockwell update CD is on my desk back at the office (oops)

Looks like I'll skip the smtp mail setup until further notice...

Thanks!

OK, well, I remembered my serial and thank goodness for FactoryTalk, I now am downloading Logix500 ver 8.0

I'll keep you all posted!

Ken, You GOT IT! :)

Thanks, very happy. Version 8 supports the 1100 Rev B

SMTP is enabled now, can't wait to download...

Thanks Again

The truth is, I'm still running RSLogix 500 version 7.10. The MicroLogix 1100 is so popular I can't keep my demo on my desk, so I never had to upgrade to support the Series B functionality.