RSView Active Display Problems

Hi guys. I am trying to get an RSView32 install with a RAD System to work. I have installed it before, but now, I am getting an error

URL Download Failed. Check that your internet connection settings....

I have checked all the technotes, to no avail. The OS is XP SP2, with all the updates installed. Im stumped guys, give me a hand

ghettofreeryder said:
Hi guys. I am trying to get an RSView32 install with a RAD System to work. I have installed it before, but now, I am getting an error

URL Download Failed. Check that your internet connection settings....

I have checked all the technotes, to no avail. The OS is XP SP2, with all the updates installed. Im stumped guys, give me a hand

What version of RSView32. ?
What version of RSView active displays. ?
What version of RSLinx. ?
Have you loaded the Activations for all 3 packages. ?
What is a RAD System. ? is this the active displays software

Last edited:
RSView32 and RAD are version 7.20. RSLinx is 2.53. I have determined the cause of the prolbme is incorrect IIS security settings. Im getting an error 401 in the IIS Log. I just dont know how to fix it. Ive installed the system many times before, but I have tryed on clean OS installs 4 times now, and nothing.

RSVIEW active displays is version dependent in relation to which version of RSView32 is being used.
Could you go to RSView32, Help, About RSView32, Add-Ons, to get the RSView Active displays version and post it.

Another suggestion is as a trial disable Windows Firewall as it has been known to conflict.

Another trial is get the Ethernet IP address of the PC that has RSView active displays, and open an Internet Explorer window and type in that IP address numbers like " www.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx " and see if that helps.

Is your RSView32 PC running on a fixed IP address.

Yeah, I stated that they are 7.20. Figured out the issue, Simple file sharing was checked. That and a update from windows wrecks havoc on the RAD system. Thanks anyways

Don't know if this is the same problem, but a recent security update on XP I.Ex. crippled the ADS, you can log on but no screens displayed also in the info bar at bottom you get messages like could not find macro, could not find display & something about cashe xxxx.cmd file not found or corrupt.
There is no update yet the only answer is to un-install the MS update I cannot remember which one but it's something like KB7468?
This update came out about 2-3 weeks ago.
Rockwell have just updated their knowledgebase last week.

Gil47 said:
I went for a look took a bit to find so I am adding both link numbers in case I need to find it.

Rockwell ID 51108
Windows Internet Explorer KB 947864
Good idea. I was 20 hrs into this issue with no sleep before I figured it out. Damn Microshaft