Encoder feedback in SIMOVERT VC

shamyl

Hi,
I'm using a SIMOVERT VC 6SE7016-1TA61-Z. The encoder being used is HOG 9D 1024 (1024 pulses) by Hubner.

Let me briefly state the normal conditions. The setpoint for the inverter is received from the HMI through the PLC. The encoder attached to the motor is connected to the inverter and its feedback is displayed on the HMI in terms of rpm.

Now the problem that we are facing is that rpm is not being displayed on the HMI, whereas the setpoint is successfully changed. So there's no loss of communication between the HMI and the inverter. Also, recently we replaced the inverter and parametrized it again, so our first suspect is the inverter parameter list itself. I have also attached the parameter list. You'll need DriveMonitor for that.

Can anybody, for a start, tell me if there's any readable parameter which can display the encoder feedback on the inverter itself?

now here's the interesting part... the only connectors entered in P734 are 32, 494, 23, 33, 431 and 245. And none of these appear to be speeds. The other inverters are giving the feedback correctly, using the same parameters.

K494 is the output of an absolute number generator shown on sheet 735 of the block diagrams. The free function is not enabled according to your parameter list. U952.07 should be set to 2 to enable it. The source of the absolute number generator, U126, is set to 0 so it isn't going to do a lot !
Are you expecting an absolute speed feedback in the plc ?

For reference
K23 = motor power
K33 = status word 2
K431 = binector to connector on 720.4 (connected to 0)
K245 = motor temperature

Last edited:
well...i have to admit that i dint understand what this number generator actually does!!! actually this is my first experience with these inverters, so dont know a lot about them

You were right. There was no connector value given in U126. I gave it the value K148 (actual n/f) and started getting the RPM on the HMI. Thanks a lot. I owe you one!!!