Siemens S7 313C Simulation problem.

Falconeer

Hi, I am new here and also to Siemens PLCs.
I was trying to simulate the analog scaing function after taking the value in from IW752 and then moving it to MW752 and then scaling it.
I have configured the input as 4-20 mA. For simulation I am setting the FC105 to 0.0 and 400.0 Deg. C.
The issue is that the simulation runs fine until I activate the FC105 (using I0.2) This is where the PLC goes into SF and stops.

I tried to put a latch rung just to see how far the simulation goes. That works fine and I can also see the IW752 values moving into MW752. But as soon as I hit the I0.2, SF and System Stops.
Even tried to make a new project just to delete everything and start over.

Any ideas?

Can you post picture of your program? I'm not really sure what are you doing.

In your software, analog input value is integer number 0 to 27648. You simply use your PIW or IW and connect it to appropriate input of FC105. YOu can find plenty examples if you search the forum...

I tried using PIW752, and still the same thing. Let me post a screen dump of the program I wrote. In the S7 training, I made it take the 4-20 froma pot and scale it and then unscale it out to an output measured on an ammeter. Cannot do it now anymore, dunno why!
The moment I hit I0.3, it goes into SF and stops.
Fault.jpg

You really mean when you hit I0.2 don't you ?
Are you sure FC105 is actually present in the plc ?
Have you examined the diagnostic buffer after the stop ?