Mohoch Megabar

mohoch

Hello everybody

I am having a serious problem with a GE 90-30 PLC, first of all the press it is supposed to run operates erratically (sometimes it works and sometimes it does not work), secondly when I connect my PC through the GESNP port on the Power supply unit I can connect since I see on the status bar both “Connected” and “Run”, however no matter what I tried I am unable to see the programs on this particular PLC. Notice however that the press runs at times, thus there must be a program even if it is not in a format readable to Versa Pro Release 2.02 (Build 2214).

The equipment is as follow:

Power Supply IC693PWR321 Qty=1

CPU : IC693CPU323 Qty=1

Digital Input module IC693MDL645 Qty=4

Digital Output IC693MDL640 Qty=4

Additionally when I use LOGICMASTER I get the message signifying that the folder is in a format incompatible with LOGICMASTER.

Can anyone please explain what is wrong with this particular situation? And what we should do to be able to view the programs that operate this particular press.

Thank you in advance for your support and help.

From your description it sounds like you have not opened a project file.

Do you have a copy of the program stored as a VersaPro file? If so, open that file before you establish a connection between VersaPro and the PLC. Once the connection is established, VersaPro will display the words "Logic Equal" or "Logic not Equal". Logic Equal means that the program in your PC matches what is in the PLC. Logic not Equal means that there are differences.

If you don't have a copy of the program file, you will need to start a new VersaPro project and then load the program from the PLC to your PC.

VersaPro uses the term "Load" to mean transfer of the program from the PLC to the PC. It uses the term "Store" to mean the transfer of the program from the PC to the PLC.

Back
Top Bottom