FX3U-ENET and Citect SCADA

Mardikas

Hi,

i cant set up connection between FX3U via ENET Ethernet module and Citect SCADA. I have tried many settings and protocol combinations for both but yet without success.
Has anyone here done it successfully?

Best,

Mart

Mardikas said:
Hi,

i cant set up connection between FX3U via ENET Ethernet module and Citect SCADA. I have tried many settings and protocol combinations for both but yet without success.
Has anyone here done it successfully?

Best,

Mart

Talk to Citect, they have excellent support.

It was first thing i did. I must have missed something of it myself.

Basically you have to follow Mitsubishi guidlines for connecting E1000 terminal to FX3U-ENET. Program example available.
In Citect you use latest MELSCNET driver. Enter IP and UDP port nr you set in ENET module. Keep in mind to have I/O Device address 255 for MELSCNET protocol. Should work.

Good luck!

I'm interested in the solution here having come across the same brick wall myself. I know I can get around it using Mx Component.

Citect V7 actually gives the option of Fx3U driver when using the Wizard and that uses the MELSCNET1 I/O Driver, but I'm not having much joy getting comms to work!

Was there a solution?

I will put up some screenshots. Settings are based on Mitsubishi example of E1000 and FX3U ENET connection. Used MELSCNET1 driver/protocol in Citect. Worked with ver5.42 and 6.1.

fx3u_enet_fxconf1.JPG

fx3u_enet_fxconf2.JPG

First two open settings are good to connect with GX/FX Developer

fx3u_enet_cit.JPG

Thanks for the screen shots. I managed to get mine working using TCP. The only difference to your setup is:
Fx Configurator-EN Open Settings select TCP & Unpassive, the rest stays the same.
In Citect Ports replace the -U with -T

Thanks again, I'm sure this post will become useful for others.

Setup works with Fx3GE onboard Ethernet too

Just for the record the above settings work with the Mitsubishi Fx3GE onboard Ethernet. Slightly different settings for the PLC Port Open Settings, chose "TCP" and "MC Protocol", other than that exactly the same.